Thursday, April 16, 2015
CTI COMMERCIAL THEATER INSTITUTE - Three Day Intensive
COMMERCIAL THEATER INSTITUTE
Three Day Intensive
An Introduction to Commercial Producing
Friday, April 17th 8:45 AM - 5:45 PM
Saturday, April 18th 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Sunday, April 19th 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
at The Snapple Theater
210 W 50th St
Networking receptions will follow the courses both Friday and Saturday
I attended the CTI 3 Day Intensive some years ago. It is the gold standard for understanding the commercial theater, Broadway in particular. The line-up is a fantastic collection of the most savvy producers and theater professionals.
The networking alone is worth the price of admission.
In the course, you learn the basic economic and creative facts about commercial theater. It prepares you, as well, for the advanced and more specific and detailed additional courses the CTI provides during the year in the basic facets of producing commercial theater.
If you are interested in producing, or just understanding Broadway and the commercial theater, the CTI 3-Day Intensive is the prerequisite.
"Here's the door that opens the world of producing to you. This program gives you a comprehensive overview of producing for the commercial theater, with sessions including specific case histories, budgets, sample agreements, and is renowned for its networking opportunities. Come together with Broadway's hit makers and the producers of the future as well as the service professionals that you'll need to make you a success."
- David Stone, Wicked
- Kevin McCollum, Avenue Q
- Barry Weissler, Chicago
- Hal Luftig, Kinky Boots
- Tom Kirdahy, The Visit
- Kristin Caskey, Fun Home
- Robert Cole, Once
- Arielle Tepper Madover, The Elephant Man
- Chris Boneau, Boneau/Bryan-Brown
- Beth Williams, Grove Entertainment
- Elizabeth Furze, AKA
- Janette Roush, AKA
- Nina Essman, 321 Theatrical Management
- Bruce Robert Harris, On the Town
- Jack W. Batman, On the Town
- Megan Savage, A Gentleman's Guide...
- Brisa Trinchero, Beautiful
- Mike Isaacson, Fun Home
- Ruth Hendel, Fish in the Dark
- Amanda Watkins, Disgraced
- Richard Winkler, Disgraced
- Barbara Whitman, Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- Michael J. Sinder, Esq., The Law Offices of Michael J. Sinder
- Jonathan Lonner, Grubman Shire & Meiselas, P.C.
- Elliot Fishman, It Shoulda Been You
- Justin Weatherby, It Shoulda Been You
- Ashley M. DeSimone, Something Rotten!
- Jim Kierstead, Pippin
- John Arthur Pinckard, Doctor Zhivago
Tom Viertel, Executive Director of Commercial Theater Institute
and topics including
- Creative Development
- Legal Aspects of Producing
- A Presentation of New Musicals (in collaboration with NAMT)
- Dynamic Ticketing
- Early Career Producers
- And more!
For full details on the topics, speakers, panels, & networking opportunities;
Older stories in QPORIT on CTI