Sunday, December 14, 2008
HIFF 9TH ANNUAL SCREENWRITERS LAB SUBMISSIONS
Submissions for the Hamptons International Film Festival 9th Annual Screenwriters' Lab are now open!
The Hamptons Screenwriters' Lab is an intimate gathering that takes place each Spring in East Hampton. The Lab develops emerging screenwriting talent by pairing established writers with up-and-coming screenwriters (chosen by the Hamptons in collaboration with key industry contacts). The mentors advise in a one-on-one laboratory setting while additional daily events bring the participants together with board members, sponsors, the local artistic community, and other friends of the festival.
- J. Robin Baitz (People I Know, The Substance of Fire);
- Whit Stillman (Metropolitan, The Last Days of Disco);
- Ira Sachs (40 Shades of Blue, This Married Life);
- Jeff Sharp (Producer, You Can Count on Me, Evening);
- Maria Maggenti (The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love);
- Sabrina Dhawan (Monsoon Wedding, Cosmopolitan);
- Gregory Widen (Highlander, Backdraft);
- Maggie Greenwald (Songcatcher, Ballad of Little Jo);
- Belinda Haas (Angels and Insects, Blood Oranges);
- Lawrence Lasker (Sneakers, War Games);
- Michael Weller (Ragtime, Hair, Spoils of War);
- Chap Taylor (Changing Lanes, National Treasure);
- and Dylan Kidd (Roger Dodger, P.S.)
are among the writers who have served as mentors at the Screenwriters' Lab.
The submissions deadline for screenplays is February 6, 2009.