Sunday, May 08, 2011
SNL - TINA FEY & ELLIE GOULDING FOR MOTHER'S DAY - MAY 7, 2011
This was (disappointingly) one of the poorer SNL's. While nothing was especially terrible, there was little that was especially funny. I liked the Fetal Quartet during the monolog, some of the jokes on Weekend Update, Fey as Palin - briefly (see the GOP debate below), and the Natural Childbirth sketch. (See below!)
Here are some real time comments (in reverse chronological order -- the first ones are at the bottom).
- Bland, boring, waste of time. One of the poorer shows. "Natural Childbirth" the only sketch with any zing.
- Mother Collection -- WTF???
- Slightly Damaged Prom Wear Barn - Not funny & made no sense.
- Pregnant in Heels on Bravo - The Celebrity in the ultrasound. -- The concept is a joke, but the execution... missing
- Sleepover - Stupid premise. Boring.
- Ads - B & N is promoting current Nook like mad, but a new one is to be announced very soon.
- Natural childbirth - At last... some zenned out energy!
- Weekend Update - Jokes funny; devil not so much; Gaddafi's friends quiet humor; Stefan I just don't get; At all;
- 12:09 and so far it's been especially bland.
- Klondike Bar Ad --- WTF???
- Digital short - OK. So what?
- Mermaid & Crabby - Very lame
- Google Chrome Ad is way sentimental and doesn't make any sense.
- GOP Debate - Fey/Palin is still the winner of any debate.
- Opening Monolog - a fetal quartet
- Opening Monolog - Tina Fey & Maya Rudolph with baby bumps bump babies
- Opening - Kind of lame.
Tina Fey host on SNL w/ Ellie Goulding. Now!
Here's the GOP Debate with Tina Fey briefly as Sarah Palin (or maybe that really is the true, the essential Sarah Palin?)
Here's the Childbirth Class:
Tweet this story!