Thursday, May 05, 2011

 

Live blogging and streaming today (5/5) TEST: JUSTIN.TV ON iPHONE



FOLLOWUP POST ENTRY NOTE (5/6):

I would not call this test of "justin.tv streaming from an iPhone" a success.

a) The interface was confusing.  It was hard to tell when the phone was recording and when it was not; or how to turn it on or off; or how to pause the recording and continue when something interesting begins to happen again.

b) For some reason that I do not understand yet, the recordings that posted on justin.tv last only 9 seconds, even though I thought I recorded a whole lot more of the interviews. 

c) Not only did the recordings turn off by themselves, but seem to take a long time to start up.

d) The videos are not sharp. (This is not necessarily the fault of justin.tv, but may be part of getting to understand iPhone cameras.)

e)justin.tv ads on the playback are long, intrusive, boring, and unpleasant.


POST ENTRY (5/5):

We are going to try love blogging and streaming using justin.tv from an iPhone today at
the IFF opening.

Well, that last line was sent from an iPhone, and I can see it's not going to be easy.  Yes I love blogging, but of course I meant I would be LIVE blogging.

I'm going to try streaming live through the justin.tv streaming app for the iPhone.  The live streams (if any) should appear at: justin.tv/qporit.

The IFF Red Carpet may include Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts, & Stanley Donen, among others. 

Please note (sorry!) that justin.tv has very annoying commercials at the start of every video.

We'll also try tweeting live from the iPhone.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

TWITTER UPDATES:

    follow me on Twitter


    QPORIT --
    Quick PREVIEWS Of Random Interesting Things

     
    (c) Copyright 2005-2009 Eric H. Roffman
    All rights reserved