Tuesday, May 22, 2007
On the eve of the premiere, the website for On The Lot (OTL) has gotten a substantial makeover, with new features and a new home page. Happily, the old features have not been deleted and filmmakers and audience can (still) upload films and photos and communicate on boards and blogs.
Even before the show premieres, and while most of the world is watching the Idol finale, traffic OTL has multiplied five-fold from a usual web audience of about 11,000 to 56,131 as I'm writing this.
In addition to a casting section with headshots and resumes for actors which was added a few days ago, and the staples, which have been on the site from the beginning -- logs, boards, film uploads, photo uploads, private site e-mail, friends lists, and Hollywood film news -- some new features OTL are:
- a video creation tool from Verizon;
- a video challenge (coming soon) -- make films each week along with the contestants on the show -- also from Verizon;
- a section describing VCast downloads of show clips to your Verizon phone;
- something about "Film Critics Needed," which is not explained;
- and clips from the runup to the show.
0 - 0 - 0
I'm not on the show, but I do have...
My Own Film OTL:
FRAGILE (Sonnet 65) with Intro: